What is Hosting?
“Hosting” a website is like renting out space on a computer somewhere. This computer is always on and always attached to the Internet, so people can see your site any time.
Who manages the River Park Web computers?
All of our customers are on a2hosting. Their security is awesome. They have special software that makes your website load waaaay faster. Their customer service is second to none, and better than maybe any. If we build or host your site, it will be on a2, and we will maintain or update it per the plan you choose. We may get a commission from a2 for setting it up that way.
If you want to set up and manage your own hosting, have at it! We hope you will use the button on the right side of this page… if you do, we get a small commission.
Why You Should Choose River Park Web
Some of the reasons you might want us to manage your hosting:
- You don’t understand web hosting.
- You don’t want to deal with it.
- You want personalized attention.
- You want the same person to answer your hosting questions today as yesterday.
- We are building your website.
- You like using smaller companies
- Your friend/mom/brother recommended us.
How Does It Work With River Park Web?
You can choose to pay monthly, or get a discount by paying for a year up front.
Subscriptions are managed by Stripe. You don’t need a special account, just pay with your credit or debit card. We never keep any card information, and in fact we never even have access to it.
Cancel any time, just contact us at least two weeks before your next payment processes. If you cancel, there will be no refund, but no further charges will be made.
- Hosting Only: Simple, we just host your WordPress site. You will need to own your domain name. (We can help you get one.) You can have email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You get up to 10 different email addresses and your people can access their email online, forward it somewhere, or pull it into Outlook or your favorite email software.
- Hosting and Maintenance: Same as above, plus we update your WordPress plugins every few days (more often for important security updates) and make routine backups of your website. (Note: these backups are stored on your login. They would be great if you mess up your site or someone hacks it and you need to reinstall your site, and we would help in that situation. They would not be great if the whole computer crashes. If you want protection against that, you can store your backups on your computer or inquire about advanced backup plans.)
- Hosting, Maintenance and Updates: If we built your site and you want us to do all the above plus update your calendar, add to your blog, put up news, modify your content – this is the plan for you. We don’t write the content for you, but will do some minor editing so it sounds great!
- Monthly Phone: We’ll set you up with a custom phone number that will forward to your cell phone. You can answer or let it go to voicemail. Voicemails will be forwarded to your email address. If you want to make outgoing calls from your custom number, you can do it from your cell phone, and whoever you are calling will see your custom number in their Caller ID instead of your personal phone. You get up to 500 minutes of call time per month. If you go over that, it’s 2 cents per minute. We will reconcile your account from time to time and send you an invoice if needed. (If you are going over 500 minutes routinely, we’ll set you up with a different plan.) Note: Contact us before you pay for this service so we can discuss your needs and the setup process.
Terms of Service
- You keep it simple, and so will we.
- There are many routine updates needed on WordPress sites, and some of these can affect security for our other customers. So please keep your site updated regularly or choose one of the plans with maintenance included. We may require you to upgrade to a maintenance plan if we find you’re not updating your site. We’ll let you know.
- We run a clean show, no pornography or anything illegal allowed. If we find it on your account, we delete the account with no notice and no refunds.
- If your site gets soooo big that it is taking up unusually large amounts of space on the computer, or if you get sooooo many visitors that we can’t handle it, we will let you know and help you move to another host. But we don’t really expect any problems.
- If for some reason we increase our rates, we will give you notice and give you time to decide if that’s ok or if you’d prefer to move to another service provider. And if you want to go, we’ll help with no hard feelings.
- That’s about it. If anything comes to mind, we will let you know and work it out.
NOTE: This form will set up a subscription. You will be billed monthly or annually, whichever you select. Cancel any time by contacting us at least two weeks before your next billing.